I liked how much I was able to get done with the 7 day rogue-like challenge and thought about doing something similar on a recurring basis. As a rule of thumb I like to program at least a few hours a week, so as not to loose any skill. If anything to become better. I do not have a whole lot of time to program, there are many other things competing for my attention and so inspired my idea.
A 12 hour game jam, though not just for games so, just a 12 hour jam. It would happen every weekend, the opening would be 12 am Saturday GMT and closing would be Sunday 11:59:59 pm GMT. Participants would be limited to 12 hours of programming within the 48 hour window. The idea is to be based off of agile programming where the developer would release a stable (reasonably stable) version of their game or application every week. Creating a very nice in depth piece of software over a period of a few weeks to a few years.
The weekdays would be "pen and paper" only. Where the developer comes up with ways to implement their next big idea into the game. There is no limit to the number of weeks a project could last, just to try and create the next release during some combination of time equivalent to 12 hours maximum during the weekend.
One day I would hope to have a website with ads and donations where the money would be divided amongst the developers according to the number of downloads that developer has. Also each developer would have a personal donation box so an individual could donate specifically. But I have yet to learn web design.
Until then I will be trying out my idea to see if it works out to be fun and rewarding.
Here is the link to Agile Session:
http://agilesession.blogspot.com/
A 12 hour game jam, though not just for games so, just a 12 hour jam. It would happen every weekend, the opening would be 12 am Saturday GMT and closing would be Sunday 11:59:59 pm GMT. Participants would be limited to 12 hours of programming within the 48 hour window. The idea is to be based off of agile programming where the developer would release a stable (reasonably stable) version of their game or application every week. Creating a very nice in depth piece of software over a period of a few weeks to a few years.
The weekdays would be "pen and paper" only. Where the developer comes up with ways to implement their next big idea into the game. There is no limit to the number of weeks a project could last, just to try and create the next release during some combination of time equivalent to 12 hours maximum during the weekend.
One day I would hope to have a website with ads and donations where the money would be divided amongst the developers according to the number of downloads that developer has. Also each developer would have a personal donation box so an individual could donate specifically. But I have yet to learn web design.
Until then I will be trying out my idea to see if it works out to be fun and rewarding.
Here is the link to Agile Session:
http://agilesession.blogspot.com/
No comments:
Post a Comment